Associated Fastening has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of standard and custom specialty fasteners for over 30 years. So through the years, we have perfected our skills with the knowledge we have gained to ensure that our products are second to none. And one of our core products is standard and custom O rings, which numerous industries utilize for various applications.
Through our in-house capabilities and state-of-the-art equipment, we can manufacture excellent quality custom O-rings, especially for those with specific requests or preferences. We understand that each industry has different requirements, especially for these fasteners. So we ensure to work with you all the way so that you receive nothing but exceptional results.
The Industrial Applications of O-Rings
O-rings are elastic loops that are used for static and dynamic applications. These serve as seals between two products, such as tubes, cylinders, pipes, etc. Their primary purpose is to block gas and liquid leaks. Furthermore, they’re made of different materials, which depends on how you will use them.
Some industries where O-rings are utilized:
- Food and beverage
- Fluid power
Many other industries use custom or standard o rings for various applications. So if you’re looking for a reputable manufacturer, Associated Fastening provides the best services to meet your needs.
The Difference Between Standard & Custom O-Rings
We offer standard and custom o ring products for our customers. Both are available in different sizes, materials, and finishes. Therefore, rest assured that you’ll receive the right product for your specific application.
However, customized O-rings are better for more complex and critical sealing applications. These are designed and manufactured to the exact requirements that you may have. So it’s the ideal solution for highly specialized applications, especially for unique fluid handling equipment.
Since leakproof seals are essential for a more efficient operation without the risk of financial loss, it’s i
mportant to determine whether you need a standard O-ring or a customized one. Making the right decision can make all the difference in your project’s success.
Rubber O-Ring Capabilities & Applications
O-rings are used for different purposes, and it highly depends on the type of industry. Below are some of their applications:
- Medical devices and tools, such as syringes, pumps, and filtration devices, use O-rings to prevent leakage. It’s also used to avoid cross-contamination between two devices.
- O-rings are placed in the fuel and transmission systems of almost all vehicles used in the automotive and aerospace industry. However, specialized O-rings are essential to resist extreme temperatures and environments.
- In the food and beverage industry, using O-rings is necessary for sanitary purposes. It prevents cross-contamination between food-grade applications.
- Pipelines, storage tanks, and other drinking water systems rely on O-rings to prevent leaks while improving cost efficiency.
- O-rings can avoid leaking hazardous and toxic petrochemical products that travel through valves, pumps, fittings, and storage tanks.
- Semiconductors need O-rings to seal dust and other particulates that can harm and damage electronic equipment.
- In chemical handling, O-rings are essential to ensure no harmful chemicals leak or spill from the tubes and pipes.
- Fluid power systems require effective O-rings to seal the hydraulic and pneumatic systems, which can decrease fluid loss.
Choose Associated Fastenings For Your O-Ring Applications
Each industry requires different O-rings for various applications, and we can deliver them to you with high precision. Whether you need standard or custom O-rings, we’re here to produce them with the best quality while being cost-effective.